Odyssey Flight Computer
A Flight Computer for 3D Printed Rockets
- Designed, printed, and tested a model-scale rocket to house the flight computer.
- Designed and outsourced a PCB that houses an Arduino Nano, altimeter module, and a radio module. (Started with basics before making things more complicated).
- Developed and tested Arduino firmware to control one inst
- All Projects
- ance of the PCB assembly as a base station to receive data from the rocket.
- Developed and tested Arduino firmware to control a second instance of the PCB assembly to act as the flight computer, in the actual rocket.
- Pending first test flight and confirmation of functionality and viability of components before advancing the flight computer's capabilities.
- As is: the flight computer establishes radio communication with the base station, initializes its altimeter, and will live-stream altitude data to the base station throughout flight.